Friday, November 14, 2014

So Many Things...

...wrong with this picture.


One, it's not a "red" or chestnut horse. It's a bay horse.

Friesians have to be black or they cannot be registered. Most Friesians are "self" meaning they neither have nor can carry the agouti gene that makes a horse bay. So, if this horse is bay (the lightning is bad - he could be a very faded black) he is not pure Friesian. He does not look pure Friesian in type to me.

Oh, and he's being ridden with his head strapped to his chest and no engagement of the hindquarters. Ride the right end of the horse, people. Rev that engine. I can also hear my instructor screaming heels down...oh, better yet? She's crooked. I think her stirrups are crooked not her saddle, but...

Not a bad horse, but I doubt he's a Friesian (most likely he's a Friesian Sport Horse - probably a Friesian/TB cross).

She's an instructor, too...

...an instructor who can't, on her website, spell "canter." I wish FHOTD was still around, she'd love this woman...

No comments:

Post a Comment