Friday, July 26, 2013

Barrel Racing

I don't have a problem with barrel racing, but I do wish these girls would wear helmets....watch this video to see why.


(Also, after you fell off, is it really the time to check your hairdo?)

Barrel racing is a pretty dangerous sport, and falls like these do happen quite a bit...well, except for the one at about 1:45 that had nothing to do with barrel racing and everything to do with people who don't tighten their girth or cinch. Ahem.

The horse at 2:14 or so even tried to catch its rider and failed.

Not sure why the one at 2:55 suddenly stopped and started rearing...but it looked a bit like a pain reaction to me - teeth needed doing maybe?

Most of these women (and a couple of guys) would have stayed on with a bit more stickability and none of them seemed to have had fall training.

2 comments:

  1. Barrel racing terrifies me. I would totally have a helmet on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done some amateur gaming - not barrels, but poles and similar. Definitely a helmet. And if I ever had the privilege of being allowed to get on a GOOD barrel horse I might want a vest too.

      Delete